Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tortilla Chips



Paul and I were in the mood for nachos while we were watching UofK keep their #1 spot against Georgia last night.  We had no tortilla chips, but we did have corn tortillas.  I never knew how simple they were to make.  I have to say, I doubt I will buy another bag of tortilla chips.

You will need:

Vegetable Oil
Corn Tortillas (amount depends on how many chips you want to make)
Sea Salt


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

With a basting brush, brush each side of the tortillas with oil.

 Cut each tortilla into 4 equal pieces.  You can also cut them into 6 pieces if you like your chips a bit smaller.



Spread the tortilla pieces in a single layer onto two to three baking sheets.  Our baking sheets are smaller, so we had to use three.  Next, season the tortillas with salt.  Use as much or as little as you like.


Bake until they are crisp and golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.  Rotate baking sheets after 7 minutes of baking.


We used our chips to make nachos, but I can't wait to try them with homemade salsa next time!


 Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment